Thursday, February 23, 2012

We have no other option but to protest the e-Toll

Following the South African Government announcement in the February budget that e_Tolling (to pay for the World Cup road development!) will commence in Gauteng on April 1st - and no, that wasn't an early April Fool's Day joke - I seriously suggest you print the above pic and stick it on your car's windscreen.


We need to protest people; and let the Government know this is simply not good enough.  I don't mind paying, but I will not get an eTag - as I want the bill to be sent to me every time I drive under a gantry. 


Word is that if you get an eTag, you allow the Government to dive into your bank acount to collect their loot.  And that's when I say 'no way, Jose'.


Let's see how efficient our Government can be.  Pay your tolls by post. 


Join every protest you can, along with Cosatu, the Fleet Owners and even the Hire Car Association. It's time to stand up and be counted...





1 comment:

  1. I will not go to work on the 7th of March. Toll fees suck!

    ReplyDelete